We are actively hiring for this position! Interested? Read the entire job description below:
We are looking for a passionate Account Manager who will partner with goBRANDgo! clients and drag them kicking and screaming to their long-term success. The Account Manager role is to manage a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new opportunities, all while creating a distinct customer experience that will drive referrals to goBRANDgo!.
What does an Account Manager do at goBRANDgo!?
Our Account Manager role blends intuition and emotional intelligence with analysis and details down to the decimal point. Our Account Manager must be comfortable with high status individuals in order to maintain and develop strong relationships with clients, and be able to relate to them in a way that inspires their confidence in goBRANDgo!’s understanding of their business. Account Managers are responsible for tracking every task completed and dollar spent on projects they manage, ensuring accurate billing and driving internal efficiencies to deliver work as effectively as possible. Our ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and be able to tell the story that lies within data.
Account Manager Responsibilities
- Be the lead point of contact for all assigned clients
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Understand all aspects of the client’s business and future goals
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts and customer stakeholders
- Drive the successful delivery of projects and strategic execution according to client needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external teams
- Prepare reports on overall account and project status
- Assist with high priority requests or issue escalations as needed
- Develop briefs, timelines and proposals/estimates
- Develop and document project parameters including scope, schedule, budgets, specifications
- Create, update and monitor project plans
- Closely monitor budgets, establish project plans and processes to avoid and/or resolve scope creep, budget overages, or efficiency issues
- Manage and identify outside partners on varying types of projects
- Understand and question legalities on work when it’s appropriate to do so
- Drive client aspirations using your knowledge of industry and digital trends
- Work closely with the goBRANDgo! Marketing Director to drive the strategy, interpret reports to advise clients and help them make informed decisions
Account Manager Requirements
- Proven work experience as an Account manager, Key account manager or other relevant experience
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on specific and varied customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Proficient with and MS Office (particularly MS Excel) and/or Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides
Account Manager Desirements (+1s), Not Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
- Solid experience with CRM software
- Experience with project management software such as Wrike
- Knowledge of industrial distribution models
- Strong understanding of digital technologies and trends
- Experience with Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager
- Knowledge of SEO – on-site, local and link-building
- Awareness of B2B lead generation best practices and technology
- Experience with WordPress and HTML is an advantage
Who makes a great goBRANDgo! employee?
For a deep dive, check out our Culture Statement, but here are some quick-hitters:
- Team-oriented mindset. The thought of letting your teammates down would keep you awake at night.
- Inner drive to grow. Your manager never has to “crack the whip” at you. You love what you do and strive every day to do it better than the day before. You’d get upset if someone didn’t give you feedback on how you could improve. If someone isn’t pushing you, you push yourself.
- Master communicator. You mindfully practice active listening and you can command a room with superior presentation skills. Your written communication is clear and concise. You know intuitively which style of communication will be most productive for what you’re trying to accomplish (email vs. phone vs. face to face).
- Passionate problem solver. Creating marketing solutions that solve real problems, big or small, for real people gets you excited. Your friends think you’re kind of a nerd.
- Your work gets your adrenaline flowing. You’re extremely organized and detail oriented. You like to have a lot to do and the thought of boredom at your job makes you cringe. You might have been told you have zero chill. You are comfortable working independently and flourish with minimal supervision.
- You’re awesome, duh. You like to laugh (sometimes at yourself) and you’re outgoing, articulate, well informed, intelligent, and confident. If you can’t make it to a party, people are bummed because everyone will have less fun without you around.
The “Hard” Stuff…
- A competitive salary and 401(k) with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off, flex-time, and remote work after 6 months of employment
- Yearly ongoing education stipend to take courses or attend industry conferences
The “Soft” Stuff…
- A fun, casual office that’s close to restaurants and coffee shops
- An environment where each person has a voice and is encouraged to use it
- A team of really cool people who truly love their work
- A culture of celebration and recognition
- A place to do the best work of your life and evolve yourself and your role into the best versions of themselves
Still with us? Are you pumped? Click the button below to apply!