Art Director: Designer – Brand Focus
We are seeking a designer with a knack and passion for brand identity. Creative concepting with a content strategist, you will be the champion of all things visual. You know what questions to ask, you value listening, then you get down to business designing high quality creative.
You’ll be responsible for making sure the brand visuals follow the defined strategy and couple well with the brand’s voice and tone. While the needs of our Manufacturing and Distribution clients vary, it all has the same purpose: capture the essence of our clients, find out what makes them different, and connect with their ideal target audiences through visual storytelling.
Consider these questions: Is design a passion for you? Can you think beyond a logo and visualize a larger system? Are you able to reframe challenges in communication as opportunities to connect? Are you comfortable with critique and opposing opinions? Do you value the power of all things creative from single sell sheets to full brand redesigns?
We need to see your work and preferably annotated context of your design skills aka your thought process behind the beautiful pixels. We’re looking to see that you are a strong visual designer and strategic thinker whose love of the craft goes beyond self-expression.
Requirements for Success
- Strong portfolio demonstrating expert knowledge of design fundamentals
- Adobe Creative Suite Proficient
- Ability to generate supportive visual language assets for larger brand systems beyond a logo
- Alignment with our core values
- Ability to learn from your teammates
- Initiative, seeing what needs to be done, and making a plan for it
- Soft skills in the way of your humility, hunger, and people smarts
- Versatility. You love it all: websites, print, photography, illustration, animation, branding—all sorts of stuff.
- Major Bonus: User Interface design, animation, motion graphics
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate on analysis, and synthesis on ideation and tangible creation of brand and visual language strategies and directions
- Build identity systems rooted in said strategies from the ground up
- Present design work to client stakeholders, including C-level executives
- Designing for print, digital and websites on a daily basis that align with strategic marketing goals
- Thrive in a fast paced highly collaborative environment with the ability to communicate your thought process and point of view
Who makes a great goBRANDgo! employee?
For a deep dive, check out our Culture Statement, but here are some quick-hitters:
- Empowergize Excellence: There are lots of different ways to get the best out of people. Some demand it. Others command it. We empowergize it. Empower (trust, space/clarity, knowledge) + Energize (passion, motivate, activate). We habitually show up moment to moment as the best version of ourselves with power, zest, and zeal, channeling and focusing our inner fire to do and inspire greatness in ourselves and others…not because we think we are supposed to, but because we are compelled to, because we have to. You are the face of our organization to the client and the voice of the client in our organization. Your mindset and approach determines how excellent both companies will be.
- Own the Outcome: We take full ownership of what happened, what will happen, and how we will learn and grow from it. We know our responsibilities, understand what we are really trying to accomplish, and have the grit and tenacity to adapt and rise to the occasion to use what we’ve got, to do what we’ve got to do. We accept the responsibility for where we are, who we are, and what we are, and have the discipline and resilience to carry our own bags along the way. We can only take as much pride in our successes as ownership we take in our setbacks. You are in command of the client…you go, we go; lean in, step up, and lead forward.
- Courageously Communicate: We have mutually beneficial conversations to clear out the noise, static, and friction between each other, as well as within ourselves, to keep the effort of the work on the work. We assume positive intent with every interaction, maintaining focus on our goals not our egos, our shared outcomes not our individual stats. Communication is not about what is delivered but what is received; we seek to understand before trying to be understood. Your main objective is ensuring everyone is on the same page, aligned while marching towards the most important goals. This can only be achieved with nearly constant big picture reminders, drift and shift course corrections, and challenging conversations.
- Think Big. Be Bold. Start Smart.: We have the audacity to challenge the status quo and envision a bigger and better future for ourselves and those around us. We have the courage to consistently live on and push out on the edges of our comfort zone. We know that to get where we are going tomorrow, we must begin simply and strategically where we are today; to help others transform their opportunities into reality, we must first meet them where they currently are. You paint the picture and consistently remind and realign the client of their bigger and better future, but the only way to get them seeing it clearly is to lay out the path backwards to where they are today making the next best step obvious.
The “Hard” Stuff…
- A competitive salary and 401(k) with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision, and long/short disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off, flex-time, and remote work after 6 months of employment
- Yearly ongoing education stipend to take courses or attend industry conferences
The “Soft” Stuff…
- A fun, casual office that’s close to restaurants and coffee shops
- An environment where each person has a voice and is encouraged to use it
- A team of really cool people who truly love their work
- A culture of celebration and recognition
- A place to do the best work of your life and evolve yourself and your role into the best versions of themselves
**How to Apply – IMPORTANT**
We know exactly the personality traits of the person that will absolutely love crushing this role, so to save everyone time and energy on the front end, the first step in the interview process is to take a survey that identifies your inherent traits as well as what you think the job will require.
Please carefully follow the steps below to apply:
- Click HERE
- Select “Designer – Brand Focus”
- Click “Submit”
- Upload resume & cover letter