UI & BRAND DESIGNER
Oh hey! We’re glad to see you here, because boy, do we need a pixel-creating ninja like you.
We’re goBRANDgo!, a St. Louis marketing agency that works with mid-market companies largely in the industrial sector. We are growing rapidly and are looking for a Designer who can plug into our tight-knit, fast-paced, fiercely-passionate-yet-fun-loving team and work on all sorts of awesome things like WordPress websites, branding, campaigns, and a heck of a lot more. But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
While our UI & Brand Designer will focus primarily on digital design, the most successful candidates will have a love for all things design related and will display their passion in executing quality branding and print projects as needed.
This role’s main function is building large custom CMS WordPress sites. Strong user interface skills including the initial planning, research, and design of a website are critical. A team-oriented mindset and great communication are essential since our UI & Brand Designer will work closely with the development team on animations and user experience to ensure an optimal product for our clients. In addition to websites, this role will flex and bend to bring creativity and strategic creative thinking to other types of design projects. This can include full rebrands, trade show designs, and marketing campaigns.
We’re not the agency for everyone, but if you said “heck yes” to yourself as you were reading the above two paragraphs, then we might be the perfect place for you. So what exactly are we looking for? Read on…
- 5 years design experience with min. 3 years working at a digital agency (working for multiple clients)
- Print and Digital Design Experience
- Adobe Creative Suite and/or Sketch…and all that jazz.
- Web Design (wireframing, prototyping, style guides, sitemaps, user flows, information architecture, designs)
- Concepting Creative Campaigns
- Thirst for knowledge and the ever-evolving digital industry, including…
- Marketing Best Practices
- Website Best Practices
- New Technology
- Versatility. You love it all: websites, email marketing, print, photo shoots, animation, branding—all sorts of stuff.
- Nimble and flexible. You can move easily between different clients and different types of projects, and you handle shifting priorities and timelines like a boss.
- Pride and joy in your craft
- No ego! You have the ability to separate yourself from your work and you take criticism well.
- Highly collaborative, yet can also be a self-starter and have full follow through on projects
- Well organized
- Detail Oriented (even when things are moving fast)
- Hex codes vs. CMYK
- Spell checking
- Print ready specs
- Passion for good design and creativity
- Problem solver
- Expert communicator
- with clients (articulate your design choices)
- with team members
- with yourself 😉
- Likable: you like people, and they like you back
- Front-end Development knowledge a plus
- Your passion comes from seeing the results of the work you do, not from the prominence of the brands you’re working on
Who makes a great goBRANDgo! employee?
For a deep dive, check out our Culture Statement, but here are some quick-hitters:
- Team-oriented mindset. The thought of letting your teammates down would keep you awake at night.
- Inner drive to grow. Your manager never has to “crack the whip” at you. You love what you do and strive every day to do it better than the day before. You’d get upset if someone didn’t give you feedback on how you could improve. If someone isn’t pushing you, you push yourself.
- Master communicator. You mindfully practice active listening and you can command a room with superior presentation skills. Your written communication is clear and concise. You know intuitively which style of communication will be most productive for what you’re trying to accomplish (email vs. phone vs. face to face).
- Passionate problem solver. Creating marketing solutions that solve real problems, big or small, for real people gets you excited. Your friends think you’re kind of a nerd.
- Your work gets your adrenaline flowing. You’re extremely organized and detail oriented. You like to have a lot to do and the thought of boredom at your job makes you cringe. You might have been told you have zero chill. You are comfortable working independently and flourish with minimal supervision.
- You’re awesome, duh. You like to laugh (sometimes at yourself) and you’re outgoing, articulate, well informed, intelligent, and confident. If you can’t make it to a party, people are bummed because everyone will have less fun without you around.
The “Hard” Stuff…
- A competitive salary and 401(k) with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision, and long/short disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off, flex-time, and remote work after 6 months of employment
- Yearly ongoing education stipend to take courses or attend industry conferences
The “Soft” Stuff…
- A fun, casual office that’s close to restaurants and coffee shops
- An environment where each person has a voice and is encouraged to use it
- A team of really cool people who truly love their work
- A culture of celebration and recognition
- A place to do the best work of your life and evolve yourself and your role into the best versions of themselves