You’re in luck! We’re actively hiring for this position. Read on below to learn more about our Developer role and begin your application.
Are you looking to plug into a highly motivated, fast-paced, collaborative, dare we say funny (Slack Gif much bro) team? Well, said team has been searching for you.
You’ve been coding for years; you’ve had a job or two making some beautifully organized CSS; you’ve solved some hard database and API integrations; and now it’s time to make your next career move.
So, you also have this way of getting things done. You know what questions to ask, you ask them, then you get down to business producing primo quality code, flawlessly crushing every deadline in your path. Your attention to detail is most impressive. Oh yeah, and we heard you’re also a really nice human and you love St. Louis—we’re in the heart of Benton Park and love us some Mexican food, Provel cheese, and craft beer.
- 3+ Years Experience Building Websites, preferably at an agency
- A reputation for writing clean, organized, and well-documented code
- Detail obsessed (even when things are moving fast)
- A thirst for knowledge (digital trends, best practices, new frameworks, new plugins)
- The ability to check your ego at the door and take constructive criticism
- Excellent time and priority management skills—the thought of missing a deadline makes you cringe
- Experience building custom WordPress themes (ACF’s and CPT’s)
- Experience with Sass or Less
- Experience with Responsive frameworks (Bootstrap)
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Sketch
- Well versed in version control, Git workflow
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with CRM and Marketing Automation integrations
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
- GTM and Google Analytics experience a plus
- Hubspot website development experience a plus
- Comfortability using the command line / terminal a plus
- Build top-notch user experiences on highly customized WordPress themes
- Tackle tough design and UX problems
- Collaborate with designers and strategists to engineer the best digital experiences for our clients and their customers
- Maintain 50-100 hosted websites
- Fulfill service tickets for clients’ existing websites
- Take full ownership of projects from front-end design, customized API work, Quality Control to deployment
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Self-confidence to speak and work with clients regarding development requests
Who makes a great goBRANDgo! employee?
For a deep dive, check out our Culture Statement, but here are some quick-hitters:
- Team-oriented mindset. The thought of letting your teammates down would keep you awake at night.
- Inner drive to grow. Your manager never has to “crack the whip” at you. You love what you do and strive every day to do it better than the day before. You’d get upset if someone didn’t give you feedback on how you could improve. If someone isn’t pushing you, you push yourself.
- Master communicator. You mindfully practice active listening and you can command a room with superior presentation skills. Your written communication is clear and concise. You know intuitively which style of communication will be most productive for what you’re trying to accomplish (email vs. phone vs. face to face).
- Passionate problem solver. Creating marketing solutions that solve real problems, big or small, for real people gets you excited. Your friends think you’re kind of a nerd.
- Your work gets your adrenaline flowing. You’re extremely organized and detail oriented. You like to have a lot to do and the thought of boredom at your job makes you cringe. You might have been told you have zero chill. You are comfortable working independently and flourish with minimal supervision.
- You’re awesome, duh. You like to laugh (sometimes at yourself) and you’re outgoing, articulate, well informed, intelligent, and confident. If you can’t make it to a party, people are bummed because everyone will have less fun without you around.
The “Hard” Stuff…
- A competitive salary and 401(k) with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision, and long/short disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off, flex-time, and remote work after 6 months of employment
- Yearly ongoing education stipend to take courses or attend industry conferences
The “Soft” Stuff…
- A fun, casual office that’s close to restaurants and coffee shops
- An environment where each person has a voice and is encouraged to use it
- A team of really cool people who truly love their work
- A culture of celebration and recognition
- A place to do the best work of your life and evolve yourself and your role into the best versions of themselves