Full Stack Developer
You’re in luck! We’re actively hiring for this position. Read on below to learn more about our Developer role and begin your application.
goBRANDgo! is on a mission to find a very particular experienced developer that hates to delegate. The type of person that must cross every “t” and dot every “i” to find fulfillment. If you love to learn and solve problems on your own, we’ve got an opportunity you need to investigate. Our business is growing, and our team needs analytical talent reinforcements with multi-tasking capabilities to keep our machine running with precision.
The developer we need to join our team is a no-nonsense executor of task and computation. The quiet, hard-working type that is misunderstood and underappreciated. If you love commented organized code (using industry best practices), generating results meeting project requirements, facilitating fast communication, all while handling miscellaneous service tickets and technical related issues we have a culture where you can flex your mental muscle. A place where your perfectionist nature can be rewarded and your need to squeeze-out operational inefficiencies will be prized.
Although you excel in head down focused time to work through complex problems you understand the need for team meetings to brainstorm and organize next steps of digital projects.
Let’s not make this complicated. You put your critical eye for details to work eliminating errors and wastefulness, and we’ll promise to compensate you fairly, treat you with respect and layer on additional responsibilities as you grow into your role as a goBRANDgo! developer.
We’ll bring you up to speed on our proprietary systems and processes, and give you an opportunity to become a true specialist in your chosen area of expertise.
- 3+ Years Experience Building Websites, preferably at an agency
- A reputation for writing clean, organized, and well-documented code
- Detail obsessed (even when things are moving fast)
- A thirst for knowledge (digital trends, best practices, new frameworks, new plugins)
- The ability to check your ego at the door and take constructive criticism
- Excellent time and priority management skills—the thought of missing a deadline makes you cringe
- Experience building custom WordPress themes (ACF’s and CPT’s, custom API’s)
- Experience with Sass or Less
- Experience with Responsive frameworks (Bootstrap etc.)
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, Invision
- Well versed in version control (Git / Bitbucket)
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience using Jira or similar related software
- Experience with CRM and Marketing Automation integrations
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Comfortability using the command line / terminal a plus
- Build top-notch user experiences on highly customized WordPress themes
- Tackle tough design and UX problems
- Collaborate with designers and strategists to engineer the best digital experiences for our clients and their customers
- Maintain 50+ hosted websites
- Fulfill service tickets for clients’ existing websites
- Take full ownership of projects from front-end design, customized API work, Quality Control to deployment
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Self-confidence to speak and work with clients regarding development requests
Who makes a great goBRANDgo! employee?
For a deep dive, check out our Culture Statement, but here are some quick-hitters:
- Team-oriented mindset. The thought of letting your teammates down would keep you awake at night.
- Inner drive to grow. Your manager never has to “crack the whip” at you. You love what you do and strive every day to do it better than the day before. You’d get upset if someone didn’t give you feedback on how you could improve. If someone isn’t pushing you, you push yourself.
- Master communicator. You mindfully practice active listening and you can command a room with superior presentation skills. Your written communication is clear and concise. You know intuitively which style of communication will be most productive for what you’re trying to accomplish (email vs. phone vs. face to face).
- Passionate problem solver. Creating marketing solutions that solve real problems, big or small, for real people gets you excited. Your friends think you’re kind of a nerd.
- Your work gets your adrenaline flowing. You’re extremely organized and detail oriented. You like to have a lot to do and the thought of boredom at your job makes you cringe. You might have been told you have zero chill. You are comfortable working independently and flourish with minimal supervision.
- You’re awesome, duh. You like to laugh (sometimes at yourself) and you’re outgoing, articulate, well informed, intelligent, and confident. If you can’t make it to a party, people are bummed because everyone will have less fun without you around.
The “Hard” Stuff…
- A competitive salary and 401(k) with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision, and long/short disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off, flex-time, and remote work after 6 months of employment
- Yearly ongoing education stipend to take courses or attend industry conferences
The “Soft” Stuff…
- A fun, casual office that’s close to restaurants and coffee shops
- An environment where each person has a voice and is encouraged to use it
- A team of really cool people who truly love their work
- A culture of celebration and recognition
- A place to do the best work of your life and evolve yourself and your role into the best versions of themselves
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING ON YOUR RESUME/AND OR COVER LETTER:
- Link to your Github, code pen, or portfolio website
- Websites/Applications you’ve developed