Jr. Account Manager
Who is goBRANDgo!?
goBRANDgo! is a marketing company who works with $10–$100M privately-held companies whose owners are in their 50s and 60s and are looking to make a successful transition in the next decade or so. We work largely with manufacturing companies. The services we offer include marketing strategy, branding, and creative services, including websites.
Be a Jr. Account Manager at goBRANDgo!
We are looking for a bright and passionate Jr. Account Manager who will partner with goBRANDgo! clients and push them (read: drag them kicking and screaming) to long-term success. The Jr. Account Manager role is to work closely with account managers and strategists to create and enhance the relationship with clients and partners. As a Jr. Account Manager, your attention to detail, willingness to go beyond the task in front of you, and ability to solve problems will bring new opportunities for both our clients and yourself.
What does a Jr. Account Manager do at goBRANDgo!?
Our Jr. Account Manager role blends intuition and emotional intelligence with analysis and details down to the decimal point. Our Jr. Account Manager must be comfortable working in situations that have ambiguity—knowing when to “make the call” or “make stuff up” in order to get initiatives completed. Jr. Account Managers are responsible for ensuring that our internal teams have the information they need to complete tasks and projects while keeping clients up to speed on budget and project progression.
Jr. Account Manager Responsibilities
- Collaborate with account managers and strategists on the successful delivery of projects and strategic execution according to client needs and objectives
- Maintain updated timelines and weekly client project status documents
- Monitor projects and tasks within agency management software to ensure go!-mates are accepting and completing work relative to the timeline
- Prepare reports on overall account and project status
- Assist with high priority requests or issue escalations as needed
- Prepare, finalize, and deliver meeting reports
- Ensure all estimates, invoices, and receipts are loaded into agency management software
- Collaborate with outside partners to ensure projects remain on time and on budget
- Assist in coordinating and executing client events
- Manage social media postings and campaigns
- Collaborate with Jr. Strategist on analytics and reporting
- Work closely with agency billing specialist to ensure timely and accurate billing
- Schedule and monitor website tickets with creative and development teams
Jr. Account Manager Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office (particularly MS Excel) and/or Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides
- Self-motivated and able to work well independently, under pressure and against deadlines
Jr. Account Manager Desirements (+1s), Not Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Advertising or relevant field
- Strong understanding of digital technologies and trends
- Experience with Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager
- Knowledge of SEO – on-site, local and link-building
- Experience with WordPress and HTML is an advantage
Who makes a great goBRANDgo! employee?
For a deep dive, check out our Culture Statement, but here are some quick-hitters:
- Team-oriented mindset. The thought of letting your teammates down would keep you awake at night.
- Inner drive to grow. Your manager never has to “crack the whip” at you. You love what you do and strive every day to do it better than the day before. You’d get upset if someone didn’t give you feedback on how you could improve. If someone isn’t pushing you, you push yourself.
- Master communicator. You mindfully practice active listening and you can command a room with superior presentation skills. Your written communication is clear and concise. You know intuitively which style of communication will be most productive for what you’re trying to accomplish (email vs. phone vs. face to face).
- Passionate problem solver. Creating marketing solutions that solve real problems, big or small, for real people gets you excited. Your friends think you’re kind of a nerd.
- Your work gets your adrenaline flowing. You’re extremely organized and detail oriented. You like to have a lot to do and the thought of boredom at your job makes you cringe. You might have been told you have zero chill. You are comfortable working independently and flourish with minimal supervision.
- You’re awesome, duh. You like to laugh (sometimes at yourself) and you’re outgoing, articulate, well informed, intelligent, and confident. If you can’t make it to a party, people are bummed because everyone will have less fun without you around.
The “Hard” Stuff…
- A competitive salary and 401(k) with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off, flex-time, and remote work after 6 months of employment
- Yearly ongoing education stipend to take courses or attend industry conferences
The “Soft” Stuff…
- A fun, casual office that’s close to restaurants and coffee shops
- An environment where each person has a voice and is encouraged to use it
- A team of really cool people who truly love their work
- A culture of celebration and recognition
- A place to do the best work of your life and evolve yourself and your role into the best versions of themselves