The Importance of Testimonials
Testimonial is defined as: “a statement testifying to benefits received – an expression of appreciation.”
How do you react when you hear one of your friends say: “I went to a great restaurant the other night, you should check it out.” Or, “I saw a really good movie recently.” More than likely, you are going to try that restaurant and go see that movie. Why? Because your friend offered testimonials. They want you and are urging you to share the same positive experience they did.
I often wonder why companies don’t post testimonials on their site. Happy and satisfied clients are more than willing to give a testimonial on your behalf. I don’t think people realize the depth and power of a testimonial. Let’s consider the following possibilities that they can provide:
1. Credibility: If you are in the decision phase of doing business with a company and read a few of the testimonials they have posted, this creates a sense of comfort and reassurance. If it’s good for them, it’s probably good for you also.
2. Advertising: testimonials are great sources of advertising for both parties and it costs next to nothing.
3. Referrals: there can be an instance where a prospective client might actually know the person giving the testimonial. This can be a very valuable referral resource.
4. Relationship Building: testimonials will enhance and strengthen relationships.
5. Increase Sales and Marketability: At the end of the day, we succeed or fail based on the bottom line. Testimonials can play a pivotal role in the success of your company.
Written testimonials are great. If you have the time and budget, video testimonials are even better. Consider setting the following goal for your company this year: Post 2 testimonials per quarter. You will be glad you did.